REJUVE I & II
Editor’s Picks: Media, July 2007 – Body & Soul Magazine (Rejuve-I)
“On the transporting CD Rejuve, jazz pianist Tammy Hall breaks from the tradition of performing covers and plays mesmerizing songs she composed with the express intention of helping listeners recuperate from illness.”
Over the past few years, working with Elfenworks Productions, LLC, The Elfenworks Foundation has been making available all-original music to enhance relaxation and to comfort, inspire and encourage. The first featured piano with violin and percussion. The second features ambient guitar, clarinet and electronica. Feedback so far finds them useful in guided meditations, spa relaxation, and simply drifting pleasantly for a time, away from the stresses of the day.
About Project Partners
We look to work together in partnership with other like-minded nonprofits, bringing soothing music those whose lives can be uplifted by hearing it and supporting their good work. For Rejuve-II, we worked in partnership with the Springer Laboratory research program on tobacco and cardiovascular health, University of California, San Francisco. The CD was a gift-with-donation as part of the lab’s fundraising outreach for a project to investigate the toxic effects of second-hand smoke and vapor from cigarette alternatives. For Rejuve-I, we were honored to work in initial partnership with the Greater Bay Area Chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society; we applaud their efforts on behalf of those affected with blood cancers. We then provided discs in support of Package of Prevention, a nonprofit which advocates for cancer awareness. Finally, we have provided the tracks from Rejuve-I for free download at the meditation website of Brother Camillus Chavez. We would welcome additional partners in our effort to reach out and support those who would find comfort in this soothing music. If you work with such an organization and would like to discuss a joint effort, please contact us.
About Project Partners
- The UCSF Springer Laboratory – Springer Lab is researching the cardiac and vascular effects of smoking/vaping, and second-hand smoking/vaping. Research into vaping (inhaling smokeless cigarettes) is especially critical: because their second-hand effects haven’t been measured, such products have gone largely unregulated. Smokeless cigarettes come in a variety of flavors, many of which would appeal to children. In a time when research grants are hard to come by, the Lab is undertaking a fundraising campaign, for which the Rejuve-II CD is a thank-you gift.
- Greater Bay Area Chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is the world’s largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research, education, and patient services. The Society’s mission: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Contact: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – San Francisco Chapter, 1390 Market Street, Suite 1200 San Francisco, CA 94102
- Package of Prevention – Package of Prevention is a nonprofit that advocates for cancer awareness dedicated to educating all individuals about detection and prevention regardless of age, race, gender, and income level. The group’s founders believe it is necessary to educate people about cancer prevention at a young age, because cancer can strike anyone at anytime.
- Brother Camillus Chavez – BrotherCamillus.com – A Christian Brother with a Ph.D. in clinical and social psychology and a certified hypnotherapist, Brother Camillus Chavez, FSC, Ph.D., has taught at Saint Mary’s College of California since 1975. He offers free, downloadable meditation instructions and resources at his website and teaches courses on prayer and meditation around the world. Camillus writes: “I got into psychology because I found philosophy was too abstract: I wanted to know experientially the workings of the human soul. I’ve taught clinical and social psychology, but in the past ten years or so I’ve moved into teaching courses that approach psychological material from a spiritual perspective, because I’ve found that psychological problems often indicate a need to move forward in one’s spiritual development.”
We would welcome additional partners in our effort to reach out and support those who would find comfort in this soothing music. If you work with such an organization and would like to discuss a joint effort, please contact us.
Where to Find Rejuve I and II
We are not engaged in professional medical services and assume no responsibility for patient outcomes. Medical advice and decisions are appropriately made only by a competent and licensed medical practitioner, who must make decisions in light of all of the facts and circumstances in each individual and particular case. We absolutely do not advocate that anyone turn away from their current treatment or support—this music is intended to augment, not replace, such treatment. — The Elfenworks Foundation & Elfenworks Productions LLC
Music Download Terms and Conditions
- All music downloads are licensed copies for personal, non-commercial use only (on an unlimited number of personal computers or playback devices).
- No transfer, resale, lease, lending, sharing, modifying, adaptation, sublicensing, redistribution, synchronization, transmission, public performance or promotional use of any music download is permitted without the express written consent of the Copyright Owner.
- All download copies are provided “AS IS” without representation or warranty of any kind, including but not limited to player compatibility, operation, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
- Any violation of these terms and conditions automatically revokes and terminates all personal use licenses held by the violator without notice or opportunity to cure.
- Except for the personal use licenses, all right, title and interest in and to the music downloads and related content are reserved and retained by the Copyright Owner.
- Copyright Owner: Elfenworks Productions LLC. P.O. Box 300, San Mateo, CA 94401.